New yorker Magazine (2012)
- Shape and arrangement resembles sound
- Spacing of letters = sounds.
- Print publication.
Dictionary Story print (2001)
Winston, S. (2001) Dictionary Story print. [Online]. Available from http://www.samwinston.com/editions/dictionary-story-print [Accessed 25 October 2015].
- Type arrangements =sounds
- Spacing of letters = sounds
Ball Point & pencil Lettering Book (2003)
Fella, E. (2003) All ball point & pencil Lettering Book. [Online]. Available from: http://dacko.ca/scad/itgm715/proj1/gallery.html [Accessed 25 October 2015].
- Ball point pen and pencil
- Hand rendering.
- Different styles of lettering.
- Different sizes of lettering.
- Stylising type will not be an important part of my project, as style of type does not necessarily mean it is directly meaning sound.
Prisma Colour (1989-1999)
- Hand drawn lettering.
- Prisma Colour Lettering.
- Distinctive Stands out.
- For my project I could play more with the arrangement of the lettering to go with the sounds of speech.