I researched into what exhibitions are on that relate to my project to go and visit
Jonny Hannah-Yorkshire Sculpture park-Hand letterer and illustrator. This will help to see his work and how he experiments with different hand rendered type.
Yorkshire Sculpture Park. (2015) Jonny Hannah. [Online] Available at: http://www.ysp.co.uk/exhibitions/jonny-hannah-main-street [Accessed at: 20 November 2015].
Southbankcentre. (2015) Faraday’s Synaptic Gap. [Online] Available at: http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whatson/faraday%E2%80%99s-synaptic-gap-1001126 [ Accessed at: 20 November 2015].
- 1832 the scientist Michael Faraday conducted an experiment using Waterloo Bridge.
- Using a wire that traversed the river, he tried to observe electricity generated by the river’s motion through the Earth’s magnetic field.
- Faraday’s Synaptic Gap brings together The Poetry Library at Southbank Centre and The Courtauld Library, on either side of the Thames. Rick Myers’ new exhibition reconsiders the neurological, material, and poetic aspects of Faraday’s experiment.
- Video installation called sentences in a a Synapse Field.
- Even though this is not related to type, it could help looking at ways I could portray sound- movement.